Wychwood Park was founded as an artists colony in the late nineteenth century by painter Marmaduke Matthews.
The area was then a rural region just outside of the city. Matthews named it after Wychwood in his native Oxfordshire.
Taddle Creek was dammed to create a large pond in the middle of the park.
The area remains a private community.
The overnight snowfall gave an interesting aspect to the botany:
Other photos from nearby:
Listen . . . With faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp’d, break from the trees
And fall. – Adelaide Crapsey (1878–1914)